The „Plant Based Symposium“ started in August 2017 as a series of free YouTube videos about the health benefits of a plant-based diet and related topics. For the first time many of the best known plant-based physicians, scientists and dietitians as well as other important spokespersons of the plant-based movement were invited to share their knowledge with everyone.
In Video #21 of The Plant Based Symposium Dr. Mark Post shares important information about the following topics:
1. The idea behind „Cultured Meat“ and important facts about this topic.
2. The future of cultured meat: Can it be produced more animal-friendly and more cost-effective?
3. Thinking globally: How to feed 10 billion people with the growing demand for meat
4. Ecological advantages of Cultured Meat: Saving in water, land, energy and Greenhouse Gas
5. Ways to implement Cultured Meat within the Society
6. The health impact of Cultured Meat compared to animal dependent meat
7. An overview about the leading companies in terms of Cultures Meat, leather, eggs and dairy worldwide
More information about Dr. Mark Post is available at:
A film with Dr. Post about Cultured Meat is available here:
For more information feel free to watch the great movie „The End of Meat“ by Marc Pierschel:
Niko Rittenau’s Webseite:
Niko Rittenau’s Facebook:
Niko Rittenau’s Instagram:
Thanks to Philipp Kasprowicz for the coordination of all subtitles and thanks to the following volunteers for doing the transcription and translation:
German subtitles: Sina Thaler, Carlotta Böhning & Evelyn Gruhn
English subtitles: Simone Elgass & Ruth Scala